From sights to sounds and tastes to touch, this all-senses Old City Tour will heighten your appreciation for the peoples and histories in this bustling, ancient area. Climb to the highest lookout points for a magnificent panoramic view of Jerusalem. Harken to the meuzzin calling afternoon prayers in mosques across Eastern Jerusalem and the Muslim Quarter. Inhale the delicious, fresh baked goods vying for your palette in the open markets.
Colorful walkways, ancient archways and deep beyond the ends of alleyways, it’s history come alive through the senses, including:
- Smell a tower of local-grown herb hyssop, used for centuries across the Middle East
- Touch the raw beauty of hand-spun silk from Damascus and other hand-embroidered goods
- Taste delectable date-filled sweets from a 400-year-old oven
- Hear first-hand what is a true home-grown hummus recipe - and then taste the difference
- See the Old City landmark that has been helping blind and visually-impaired individuals for over a century
General tour information:
- Tours are led by professional guides with specialized expertise in Jerusalem history in general and the Old City in particular.
- Tours are designed for groups with a minimum of 15 participants and maximum of 25 participants per tour.
- Larger groups can be accommodated and will be divided into smaller groups, each led by a professional tour guide.
- Tours are 3 hours long.
Further information, terms and restrictions:
- The tour cost includes third party insurance policy coverage.
- We accept credit card or cash transfer through bank acounts.
- Cancellation terms:
- up to 7 days before the tour date – no cancellation fees shall apply
- 4-7 days before the tour date – cancellation fees at the rate of 50% of the total order shall apply
- up to 4 days before the date of tour – full payment of the total order will be charged.