Discover a bustling Old City that traverses centuries of history and culture as you pop into little-known restaurants, shop at handmade artisan shops, and delve into bakeries located in basements of ancient buildings. It’s an eye-opening tour that brings you face to face with the people, places and practices that have informed Old City living for generations.
It’s the secret efforts that come to life on this unique tour, revealing a daily lifestyle in the Old City that has changed and morphed over the centuries. Among the stories and histories you’ll hear are:
- Who put up the great walls of the Old City and why those architects were condemned to death for their designs?
- Which of the Old City Market fabric shops offers 14-karat gold-plated threads among his wares?
- Is there an African-village-style hut in the Old City?
- What is the Little Western Wall (“HaKotel HaKatan”), whose stones date back to Temple times? And where can it be viewed?
- Where is the Al Jibrani family’s secret tahina mill? And is there such a think as "black tahina"?
General tour information:
- Tours are led by professional guides with specialized expertise in Jerusalem history in general and the Old City in particular.
- Tours are designed for groups with a minimum of 15 participants and maximum of 25 participants per tour.
- Larger groups can be accommodated by dividing into smaller groups, each led by a professional tour guide.
- Tours are 3 hours long.
Further information, terms and restrictions:
- The tour cost includes third party insurance policy coverage.
- We accept credit card or cash transfer through bank acounts.
- Cancellation terms:
- up to 7 days before the tour date – no cancellation fees shall apply
- 4-7 days before the tour date – cancellation fees at the rate of 50% of the total order shall apply
- up to 4 days before the date of tour – full payment of the total order will be charged.
For further details and information, or to book a tour, please contact us.